10 Things about Me, Margaret Elspeth a.k.a. Maisie
1. My favorite colour is blue most of the time, but sometimes purple.
2. I love dogs, but I don’t like it when they need a bath.
3. I don’t want to grow up.
4. Since I have to be a grown up someday, I wanna be an artist, though.
5. I don’t like my name, Margaret Elspeth – ugh! I liked to be called Maisie. I was named after my 2 grandmothers.
6. One time, my tongue got stuck on a cold pole. It hurt really bad & I’m never doing a dare again.
7. I don’t like pudding, but I love chocolate cake.
8. I once had a pet fish, but he died and I was sad. He would eat his food from my fingers. He was very smart, but most people don’t believe it.
9. I love Christmas. I love to get things in my stocking and I love to make pretty things for people like my Mom and stuff.
10. I’m scared of the dark, kind of. I hide under my covers and it makes me feel safe.
She’s in my shop here: http://indiecart.com/WithLoveHannah/mt/105/59590/Maisie-A-Little-Girl-Full-of-Opinions
Well, well, well…
What do you know…
A wee elf arrived this week. He may only be a bit shy of 4 inches tall, but you’d never know it. He is full of toddler mischief & then some. I haven’t made an elf, then this bitty guy just showed up. 🙂
His wool mushroom house is quite cozy & he loves taking his naps inside it, cocoon-like. If you’re interested in making your own wool mushroom purse/bag, I’ll have my pattern available soon.
We had a few wardrobe malfunctions too… 🙂
His listing is now in my Indie Cart store.
Anne of Green Gables is one of my very favorite books and I try to revisit it every few years or so. I laugh with joy & cry with sorrow every, single time I read it. Anne’s spirit and loyalty encourages me and her words drift back to mind from time to time. A few of my favorites are…
“Oh, it’s delightful to have ambitions. I’m so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them– that’s the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.”
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
“But if you call me Anne, please call me Anne with an ‘e’.”
“I’m not a bit changed–not really. I’m only just pruned down and branched out. The real ME–back here–is just the same.”
“Red hair is my life long sorrow.”
Oh, there’s so much more! If you haven’t read the book before or recently, I encourage you to go do it now. Anne inspires me with her spirit & loyalty & friendship. Go read a great blog post – Lessons on Friendship from Anne Shirley written by blogger, Modern Mrs. Darcy. She nailed it!!
I loved every minute of making this special pair of Lit’l Bits – Anne & Diana. In fact, I’m a bit sad they’re finished! Sad in a good way, I suppose, as I’m just not ready to done with these 2 friends. 🙂 They’re available for sale tomorrow, July 15, 2014 at 7 pm EST – in my IndieCart store. You can also see more pics on Flickr.
Also, I finished a 16in Anne doll last week. She’s currently on the road, traveling to visit some folks at a doll show. 🙂 Here’s a sneak peek as she sat on my lap in the car. 🙂